Red like the blood of my enemies
- Anubis: How do you feel about death?
- Atum: What are your greatest imperfections?
- Bastet: Do you have any cats?
- Hathor: What brings you joy?
- Horus: What is one thing you've had to fight for in your life?
- Osiris: Do you believe in the underworld?
- Ra: Do you have any major responsibilities or importance?
- Thoth: Do you like to read/write?
- Arawn: What is the most terrifying thing you've ever done?
- Bran: How is your health?
- Brighid: Tell us about your relationship with your father.
- Cernunnos: What is your favorite animal?
- Danu: What is your relationship with your mother?
- Morrigan: What do you think happens when we die?
- Olwen: What is your favorite flower?
- Rhiannon: Have you ever been betrayed?
- Bragi: What kind of music do you listen to?
- Freya: Have you ever been in love?
- Freyr: Do you have any children?
- Hœnir: Are you a silent or talkative person?
- Iounn: How old are you?
- Loki: What is the best trick you've ever pulled on someone?
- Odin: What is your family like?
- Thor: Would you consider yourself pretty powerful?
- Tree: What have you done with your life? What are you going to do with it?
- Aphrodite: What do you think of yourself?
- Ares: Are you an easy person to anger?
- Athena: Would you consider yourself an artist?
- Apollo: Do you play any instruments?
- Dionysus: Do you drink?
- Hades: Do you have a bad reputation?
- Hekate: Have you ever tried to communicate with the dead?
- Hermes: Have you ever stolen anything?
- Poseidon: Are you a moody person?
- Zeus: Are you a confident person?
- Jupiter: Would people say that you are intimidating or fairly approachable?
- Pluto: Where do you think we go when we die?
- Apollo & Dianna: Do you prefer to be up during the day or at night?
- Mars: Have you ever gotten into a fight?
- Minerva: Do you generally give good advice?
- Proserpine: Have you ever felt trapped?
- Plutus: Do you have a job?
- Venus: Have you ever had your heart broken?
- Vesta: Do you like being home or do you try to get out whenever you can?
- Morpheus: Do you daydream often? Of what?
Synthetic dreads made by me! Those things are insane to make. Installed on darkheartedsouthernbelle. It was a team effort.
Ovate by Audrey Cantwell x Joanna Szkiela
I would KILL for those rings! Swoon!
You’re over someone when you stop looking at their social media accounts.
The most bizarre taxidermies (stuffing of animal skins) I could find on the internet
One of the stories out there, that make you hit an existential crisis.
Original Author: Andy Weir
It was a car accident. Nothing particularly remarkable, but fatal nonetheless. You left behind a wife and two children. It was a painless death. The EMTs tried their best to save you, but to no avail. Your body was so utterly shattered you were better off, trust me.
And that’s when you met me.
“What… what happened?” You asked. “Where am I?”
“You died,” I said, matter-of-factly. No point mincing words.
“There was a…a truck and it was skidding…”
“Yup.” I said
“I… I died?”
“Yup. But don’t feel bad about it. Everyone dies.” I said.
You looked around. There was nothingness. Just you and me. “What is this place?” You asked. “Is this the afterlife?”
“More or less,” I said.
“Are you god?” You asked.
“Yup.” I replied. “I’m God.”
“My kids… my wife,” you said.
“What about them?”
“Will they be alright?”
“That what I like to see,” I said. “You just died and your main concern is for your family. That’s good stuff right there.”
You looked at me with fascination. To you, I didn’t look like God. I just looked like some man. Some vague authority figure. More of a grammar school teacher than the almighty.
“Don’t worry,” I said. “They’ll be fine. Your kids will remember you as perfect in every way. They didn’t have time to grow contempt for you. Your wife will cry on the outside, but will be secretly relieved. To be fair, your marriage was falling apart. If it’s any consolation, she’ll feel very guilty for feeling relieved.”
“Oh,” you said. “So what happens now? Do I go to heaven or hell or something?”
“Neither,” I said. “You’ll be reincarnated.”
“Ah,” you said. “So the Hindus were right.”
“All the religions are right in their own way,” I said. “Walk with me.”
You followed along as we strolled in the void. “Where are we going?” “Nowhere in particular,” I said. “It’s just nice to walk while we talk.”
“So what’s the point, then?” You asked. “When I get reborn, I’ll just be a blank slate, right? A baby. So all my experiences and everything I did in this life won’t matter.”
“Not so!” I said. “You have within you all the knowledge and experiences of all your past lives. You just don’t remember them right now.”
I stopped walking and took you by the shoulders. “Your soul is more magnificent, beautiful, and gigantic than you can possibly imagine. A human mind can only contain a tiny fraction of what you are. It’s like sticking your finger in a glass of water to see if it’s hot or cold. You put a tiny part or yourself into the vessel, and when you bring it back out, you’ve gained all the experiences it had.”
“You’ve been a human for the last 34 years, so you haven’t stretched out yet and felt the rest of your immense consciousness. If we hung out here for longer, you’d start remembering everything. But there’s no point doing that between each life.”
“How many times have I been reincarnated, then?”
“Oh, lots. Lots and lots. And into lots of different lives.” I said. “This time around you’ll be a Chinese peasant girl in 540 A.D.”
“Wait, what?” You stammered. “You’re sending me back in time?”
“Well, I guess technically. Time, as you know it, only exists in your universe. Things are different where I come from.”
“Where do you come from?” You pondered.
“Oh sure!” I explained. “I come from somewhere. somewhere else. and there are others like me. I know you’ll want to know what it’s like there but you honestly won’t understand.”
“Oh.” you said, a little let down. “But wait. If i get reincarnated to other places in time, could I have interacted with myself at some point?”
“Sure. Happens all the time. And with both lives only aware of their own timespan you don’t even know it’s happening.”
“So what’s the point of it all?”
“Seriously?” I asked. “Seriously? Your asking me for the meaning of life? Isn’t that a little stereotypical?”
“Well it’s a reasonable question.” you persisted.
I looked in your eye. “The meaning of life, the reason I made this whole universe, is for you to mature.”
“You mean mankind? You want us to mature?”
“No. just you. I made this whole universe for you. With each new life you grow and mature, and become a larger and greater intellect” “Just me? What about everyone else?”
“There is no one else,” I said. “In this universe, there’s just you, and me.”
You stared blankly at me. “But all the people on earth…”
“All you. Different incarnations of you.”
“Wait. I’m everyone!?”
“Now you’re getting it.” I said, with a congratulatory slap on the back.
“I’m every human who ever lived?”
“Or who will ever live, yes.”
“I’m Abraham Lincoln?”
“And you’re John Wilkes Booth, too.” I added.
“I’m Hitler?” you said, appalled.
“And you’re the millions he killed.”
“And you’re everyone who followed him.”
You fell silent.
“Every time you victimized someone,” I said, “You were victimizing yourself. Every act of kindness you’ve done, you’ve done to yourself. Every happy and sad moment ever experienced by any human was, or will be, experienced by you.”
“Why?” You asked me. “Why do all this?”
“Because someday, you will become like me. Because that’s what you are. You’re one of my kind. You’re my child.”
“Whoa.” you said, incredulous. “You mean I’m a god?”
“No. Not yet. You’re a fetus. You’re still growing. Once you’ve lived every human life throughout all time, you will have grown enough to be born.”
“So the whole universe,” you said. “It’s just…”
“An egg of sorts.” I answered. “Now its time for you to move on to your next life.”
And with that, I sent you on your way.
I really like this story because it correlates with what mediums (someone who can talk to the dead) have to say about the afterlife. Here is the post I made a while ago on what mediums have to say about the afterlife (PART 1) (PART 2)
The afterlife and what happens when we die has been a special interest of mine for as long as I can remember. For anyone interested I have a post on everything on the afterlife. It’s a compilation of all the knowledge we have, from scientific, historical or a case study perspective. (EVERYTHING ON THE AFTERLIFE POST)